Gurpreet Bindra is an Educator, Resource person, Software developer and Head of Computer Resource centre in a reputed public school in Delhi. Apart from teaching Computer Science for the last 23 years, she has conducted many workshops on CCE with students, teachers and parents. She has a special passion for teaching and learning about latest technologies in IT industry.
Manjeet Jauhar is a reputed academician presently working as the Head of Department, Computer Science at Gurukul Global School, Chandigarh. She has been awarded Commendation Certificate twice by Chandigarh Administration as a Teacher of Outstanding Merit.
Boot-Click-Enter, Enter the world of IT based on Windows 7 and MS Office 2010, comprises of eight computer science textbooks for classes 1-8. The CCE compliant series is based on an interactive approach to teach various concepts related to Computer Science. This series is created to help students master the use of various kinds of software and IT tools. The books have been designed to keep pace with the latest technologies and the interests of the 21st century learners.
The books for classes 1-5 are introductory. They introduce students to the basic features of Windows 7 and MS Office 2010, starting with the history of computers, what are the basic parts of the computer, how to use Tux Paint, WordPad, MS Paint, how to program in LOGO and also give an introduction to the Internet.
However, the books for classes 6-8 are for senior students and take a deep diva into the advanced features of Windows 7 and MS Office 2007, including how to do programming in QBasic, HTML and Visual Basic. Students learn to create animations using Flash and Photoshop, and how to communicate using the Internet.
- Step-by-step explanation of each topic supported by attractive illustrations and high-resolution screenshots for ease of understanding
- Learning objectives given at the beginning of each chapter to make learning more focused
- Testing Time! containing in-text questions to reinforce the concept
- Practice Time! Containing concept-based activities to make learning enjoyable
- Do you know? consisting of additional facts and figures related to computer to enhance the knowledge
- Let Us Recall for a quick recapitulation of main points of the chapter
- Hands On activities to strengthen the understanding of the concept
- Exercises comprising of a variety of Formative and Summative questions like MCQs, crosswords and other objective type questions to assess the learner's performance
- Web links to further explore the concepts learnt
- Pedagogical Hints comprising of innovative ideas for teachers to make teaching more effective
- Summative Assessment test papers, as per the CCE pattern to strengthen the understanding
- Assignments to encourage application-based learning
- Revision Questions to revise the concepts covered in the book
- National Cyber Olympiad Sample Questions to give learning a competitive edge
- Tech Terms consisting of glossary of important terms for easy recall
Teacher's Support Components (available for Teachers of User Schools ONLY) comprises
Interactive CD for students comprises
- Free I-book, interactive digital book with various tools facilitating effective teaching and learning
- Teacher's Support Book containing
- Photocopiable worksheets
- Suggested classroom activities
- In the lab assignments
- Teaching ideas
- Answers to objective type questions of the textbook
- Web support containing
- Downloadable worksheets with answer key
- A detailed recap of the important concepts taught in the book
- Questions for quick Self Assessment
- Activities for practice