Meera Aggarwal is an independent Educational Consultant and Author, with over 20 years of experience in academics as well as education policy, management and administration. She worked with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) to set up an in-house computerized examination processing system which is considered the best in the country so far.
Manjeet Jauhar is a reputed academician presently working as the Head of Department, Computer Science at Gurukul Global School, Chandigarh. She has been awarded Commendation Certificate twice by Chandigarh Administration as a Teacher of Outstanding Merit.
COMPUTERS TODAY & TOMORROW series consists of eight computer science textbooks for classes 1-8. This series is created to help students master the use of various kinds of software and IT tools. The books have been designed to keep pace with the latest technologies and the interests of the 21st century learners.
The series is based on Windows 7 and MS Office 2007 and adopts an interactive approach to teach various concepts related to Computer Science.
The books for classes 1-5 are introductory. They introduce students to the basic features of Windows 7 and MS Office 2007, starting with the history of computers, what are the basic parts of the computer, how to use Tux Paint, WordPad, MS Paint, how to program in LOGO and also give an introduction to the Internet.
However, the books for classes 6-8 are for senior students and take a deep diva into the advanced features of Windows 7 and MS Office 2007, including how to do programming in QBasic, HTML and Visual Basic. Students learn to create animations using Flash and Photoshop, and how to communicate using the Internet.
- Step-by-step explanation of each topic supported by attractive illustrations and high-resolution screenshots for ease of understanding
- Learning objectives given at the beginning of each chapter to make learning more focused
- Test yourself containing in-text questions to reinforce the concept
- Concept-based activities to make learning enjoyable
- Do you know? consisting of additional facts and figures related to computer to enhance the knowledge
- Remember for a quick recapitulation of main points of the chapter
- Exercises comprising of a variety of questions like MCQs, crosswords and other objective type questions to assess the learner's performance
- In the Lab activities to provide hands-on practice for better understanding
- Note to the teacher comprising of pedagogical suggestions to make teaching innovative
- Practice paper to strengthen the understanding
- Research-based projects to encourage application-based learning
- Revision Questions to revise the concepts covered in the book
- National Cyber Olympiad Sample Questions to give learning a competitive edge
Teacher's Support Components (available for Teachers of User Schools ONLY) comprises
- Free I-book, interactive digital book with various tools facilitating effective teaching and learning
- Teacher's Support Book containing
- Photocopiable worksheets
- Suggested classroom activities
- In the lab assignments
- Teaching ideas
- Answers to objective type questions of the textbook
- Web support containing
- Downloadable worksheets with answer keys
Interactive CD for students comprises
- A detailed recap of the important concepts taught in the book
- Questions for quick Self Assessment
- Activities for practice