Manjeet Jauhar is a reputed academician presently working as Principal, Kundan International School, Chandigarh. She has been awarded Commendation Certificate twice by Chandigarh Administration as a Teacher of Outstanding Merit.
Meera Aggarwal is an independent Educational Consultant and Author, with over 20 years of experience in academics as well as education policy, management and administration. She worked with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) to set up an in-house computerized examination processing system which is considered the best in the country so far.
This series is designed as per the new curriculum released by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) in November 2016.
• Step-by-step explanation of each topic supported by attractive illustrations and high-resolution screenshots for ease of understanding
• Comic Strip and Learning objectives given at the beginning of each chapter to make learning more interesting and focused
• Fact Byte consisting of additional facts and figures related to computer to enhance the knowledge
• Smart Byte giving important information related to the concerned topic
• Keyboard Shortcut mentions keyboard commands
• Subject Integration encourages learners to apply the concepts learnt in other subjects
• Sharpen Your Memory (through flash cards provided in the Activity kit) encourages learners to boost their memory and have an effect on their brain's ability to concentrate
• Picture Glossary and Tech Terms consisting of glossary of important terms for easy recall
• Test yourself! and Activity Time containing in-text questions to reinforce the concept
• Recall Time for a quick recapitulation of main points of the chapter
• Practice Time comprising of a variety of questions like MCQs, Fill in blanks, True-False, Match the columns, Crossword puzzles with other objective and descriptive type questions to assess the learner's performance
• Solved and Unsolved Lab Activities provide hands-on practice for better understanding
• Group Discussion encourages the learner to have discussion on various topics for sharing their knowledge
• Project Work with subject integration offers hands-on practice that encourages learners to apply the concepts learnt in other subjects
• Practice Papers to strengthen the understanding
• Application-based questions to encourage application-based learning
• Website to Explore to further explore the concepts learnt
• Note to the teacher comprising of pedagogical suggestions to make teaching innovative
• National Cyber Olympiad Sample Questions to give learning a competitive edge
Another peculiar feature of this series is myStudygear
, a free mobile App in which one can view Animations
on various topics of Computer Science. These Animations will help learners understand the concept of Computer Science easily. Also, one can assess his/her understanding by going through the Assessments
given in the App.
Free Teacher's Resources with Web support and I-books consists of:
- Teacher's Support Book contains extensive Lesson Plans, Worksheets, Suggested Classroom Activities, In the Lab Assignments, Teaching Ideas and concise Answer Keys of the textbook
- Fun Animations
- User-friendly Test Generator
- Printable Worksheets with answers
- Engaging Interactive Activities
- Exciting Games